Monday, August 31, 2009

Making scrap fabric into birthday cards

I asked rhetorically in an earlier post what to do with bits of embroidered fabric that I was loath to throw out. Well, I've thought of something!




Some folded cardboard and a pot of paste, oh and a few squares of coloured handmade paper, and I had myself some greeting cards in time for Mum's birthday and Father's Day.



Since I had the paste and stuff out anyway, I looked around to see what other bits of fabric, crochet squares and buttons I could stick on more cards.












It's funny that I kept these tiny scraps of fabric and misshapen crochet done while I was trying to master a new stitch, but it doesn't feel so silly now.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea. I've been wanting to get into making our own cards. So, I'll now start looking for nice fabric to do it with.
    I have a chest of old kimono that belonged to my grandmother, but chopping them up is perhaps not the thing to do...
    I'm about to start steaming a kilo of rice for KOJI!

    ReplyDelete