Sunday, June 21, 2009

Warm fingerless mitts from old woollen jumpers

I blogged earlier about making nappy covers from felted woollen jumpers, and using leftovers to make mittens for babies. Here is a way to use the arms from the jumpers to make the warmest fingerless mitts out!

1. Take the jumper sleeves and cut them to the length you want. Pin them to the narrowness you want around your wrists.








Now stitch or overlock this seam.

2. Cut a hole in the stitching along the seam, right up near the cuff of the sleeve (this is for your thumb to poke out, so measure where you would like the finger part of the mitt to come to)








If the wool is properly felted (see earlier blog) you don't need to hem it as it won't fray.
Your finished mitts!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    They look great!
    Thanks for sharing.
    regards Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie
    Thanks for the ideas.
    You asked me were I lived,I am in the Blue Mountains.NSW
    regards Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great!
    When my smallest bub is a little bit bigger I would love to join you and share our interests.
    regards Laura

    ReplyDelete